Moon by Simaudio Neo 260D Transport / DAC*
The Nēo 260D CD Transport with optional 32-bit DAC is the next evolutionary step in combining high-performance, useful features, CD playback and music streaming all into one chassis.
*Internal DAC is Optional for additional $1,000.
Don't let the name fool you - this machine has nothing to do with the original MOON 260D, which was strictly a CD Player, albeit a very good one. The Nēo 260D borrows much of its technology from the more exotic and costlier 650D in the Evolution series.
Want to stream music directly from your computer? The Nēo 260D allows this to come alive for you. How about enjoying your favorite satellite movie channels with the audio fidelity of your music system? Again, the Nēo 260D delivers. Or perhaps listen to your Blu-Ray movies with the same fervor as your music collection. The Nēo 260D will satisfy that too. Then again, if you simply want to play your favorite CD's, the Nēo 260D does that with powerful digital technology that extracts every last musical detail from the disc.
The Nēo 260D provides superb flexibility as a result of it being a CD Transport and a DAC all-in-one. Thanks to its 32-bit processing engine, upsampling capabilities, hallmark MOON oversized power supplies and elaborate analog stages, the Nēo 260D's sonic performance is without equal in its price category. The DAC section is entirely optional, whereby you can easily add it later on, if not needed right now.
Of course, key features you'd expect in a MOON Nēo Series product are present such as SimLink™, RS-232 and IR ports for custom-install environments. Finally, the Nēo 260D is available in three different finishes: the standard "all black", as well as special order "all silver" or "two-tone" (black & silver):
Nēo 260D Technical Features
· Proprietary CD drive system mounted on our M-Quattro gel-based 4-point floating suspension for
vibration damping, allowing ambient & spatial cues in your recordings to come to life like never before;
· Two (2) digital outputs: S/PDIF and AES/EBU.
· Oversized power supply with up to 13 stages of voltage regulation (5 for Transport and 8 for the DAC)
· RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
· IR input for external control
· SimLink™ controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
· Rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Optimized selection of very high quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
· Includes CRM-2 remote control.
With Optional Digital-to-Analog Converter:
· True 32-bit asynchronous Digital-to-Analog converter
· Four (4) digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 1 & USB x 1) allowing for use with virtually any digital source.
· Advanced analog signal path using a DC servo circuit and proprietary 18dB/octave analog filter
· USB input with galvanic isolation which eleminates all ground current (i.e. no electrical connection)
between the USB device (computer, music server, etc.) and the 260D, preserving the accuracy of
the audio signal
Nēo 260D Detailed Specifications
Front Panel Controls Standby · Program · Display · Repeat · Input ·
Random · Time · Open/Close · Play · Pause ·
Scan/Skip Forward · Scan/Skip Backward · Stop
Front Panel Display Track number · Time - elapsed or remaining
(track / disc) · Sampling Frequency Rate
Front Panel LED Indicators Program · Repeat - current track ·
Repeat - entire disc · Random
Digital Outputs (2) AES/EBU (XLR) S/PDIF (RCA)
SimLink™ Port 1 input + 1 output each on 1/8" mini-jack
RS-232 Port 9-pin female DB connector
IR input 1/8" mini-jack
Remote Control CRM-2 Full Function
Power Consumption in Standby 0.5 watts
AC Power Requirements 120V / 60Hz 220-240V / 50Hz
Fuse Replacement - F1 All Voltages 500mA short slow blow
Fuse Replacement - F2 120V / 220-240V 200mA short slow blow / 100mA short slow blow
Shipping weight 16 lbs / 7.5 Kgs
Dimensions (w x h x d) 16.9 x 3.4 x 13.1 in. (42.9 x 8.6 x 33.3 cm.)
Optional Digital-to-Analog Converter:
DAC / Digital Filter Asynchronous 32-bit
Frequency Response (full range) 2Hz - 100kHz +0/-3dB (external source)
THD @ 1kHz, 0dBFS (A-weighted) < 0.001 %
IMD < 0.001 %
Dynamic Range > 120dB
Signal-to-noise ratio > 120dB @ full output
Channel Separation > 116dB
Low Level Linearity < ±0.25dB at -90dBFS
Intrinsic Jitter < 1 picosecond RMS
Analog Outputs - Balanced 1 pair XLR
Analog Outputs - Single-Ended 1 pair RCA
Analog Output Impedance (XLR/RCA) 75Ω
Max. Analog Output @ 0dBFS 2.0 Volts (XLR/RCA)
Bit-depth range 16 - 24 bits
Sampling Frequency Rate range 44.1 - 192kHz (up to 96kHz for TosLink)
Digital Inputs (4) USB x 1 · TosLink x 1 · S/PDIF (RCA) x 2