ON SALE WHILE LIMITED SUPPLIES LAST!
PRICED AS EACH.
The Sonos Playbase is just about the easiest way to get spacious, realistic sound from your TV. It's a low-profile base that simply sits directly underneath your TV, yet it fills the room with rich Sonos sound. Just use the provided digital audio cable to connect your TV to the Playbase, and you'll be up and running in no time.
Plus, the Playbase becomes part of your Sonos wireless multi-room audio system. You can send sound from your TV to other rooms, or play music from other sources through the Playbase.
The Playbase features ten amplified internal drivers. Six midrange drivers and three tweeters are angled to widely disperse the sound while ensuring proper balance. A built-in woofer for bass frequencies provides additional punch.
The system's Speech Enhancement mode brings dialogue to the fore and reduces the volume level of loud sound effects. Night Mode enhances quiet sounds and greatly reduces loud effects, so you can watch TV while other sleep.
The Playbase also delivers great sound with your music, too. You'll hear plenty of detail and well-balanced, natural sound from your tunes.
The Playbase can be paired wirelessly with a Sonos Sub to create a 3.1 home theater system. Add two Play:1 speakers, and you've got a pair of wireless rear speakers, giving you a 5.1 surround system with truly engaging sound.
Like your TV up a little higher? The Sanus WSTV1 TV base was designed for use with the PLAYBASE. It features a 29”-high swivel mount, so you can have your TV at a higher viewing level without wall-mounting.
The Playbase, like other Sonos music players, connect to your home network — either via Wi-Fi® or by connecting one player to your router via Ethernet to create a dedicated Sonos network. This network, known for its extensive range and superior performance, gives you house-wide access to tunes stored on your PC along with a wealth of Internet audio choices.
And it lets you stream audio from your movies and TV shows into other rooms. So if you're watching a game you can keep up with the play-by-play through a Sonos speaker in the kitchen when you get a snack. (For the best wireless performance, we recommend adding the Sonos Boost.)
You can use your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, or Android™ smartphone or tablet to control any and all Sonos players. A free download turns your smartphone and tablet into a full-fledged Sonos controller. Easily navigate and search through playlists and tracks stored on your computer, or select an internet radio station. Create customized playlists on the fly for individual rooms or for playback over your entire Sonos system. You can also mute or adjust the volume of each of your players.
The Sonos Playbase has AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Sonos speakers you want it to play through.
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can use that same Apple device to fine-tune the Playbase with Sonos's Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings. It then adjusts the speaker's settings automatically for the best possible sound. (Currently for iOS devices only.)
The Sonos system works seamlessly with a host of streaming music services, including TIDAL, Spotify®, Pandora®, and much more. You also have access to thousands of internet radio stations from around the world through TuneIn Radio and terrestrial radio stations through iHeartRadio. If you subscribe to SiriusXM Internet Radio, you can tune into all your favorite programming on any Sonos player in your system.
- plays TV sound, music from the web, and digital audio files on your home network
- supports TVs weighing up to 77 lbs.
- 10 built-in speakers, each with a Class-D digital amplifier
- 6 midrange woofers
- 3 tweeters
- 1 low-frequency woofer
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi® or a dedicated Sonosnet™ 2.0 wireless network
- connects to your TV, Blu-ray player or cable box via an included optical digital audio cable
- accepts Dolby® Digital and 2-channel PCM audio signals
- stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- Sonos control app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and GooglePlay
- bass, treble, balance, and volume controls
- Trueplay automatically adjusts the PLAYBASE to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from Android and iOS mobile devices
- plays streaming Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- plays programming from SiriusXM Internet Radio — subscription required
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (each ZonePlayer plays individually selected music)
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- pair with SUB and 2 PLAY:1 speakers for 5.1-channel surround sound
- requires AC power (adapter included)
- 28-3/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 14-3/16"D
- weight: 18.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- No A/V receiver required.
What's in the box:
- Active soundbase speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 5' Optical digital cable
- 59" Ethernet cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Important Product Information booklet