Items marked (available to demo) are available in our store for audition. Please give us a call or email in advance for an appointment.
Just add Remote Control
Beneath its classy exterior, the ZEN Stream is a technological streamer-de-force. It has one purpose – to send music simply from the Internet to your DAC with no loss of quality.
True hi-res performance of PCM384/DSD256 via WiFi/LAN. Just add your smart device as a remote and away you go.
Optimised open-source architecture – works with multiple dedicated platforms, completely and perfectly future-proofed as it is constantly updated.
Ease of use + audiophile implementation. Follow our simple set-up guides on YouTube. It is the bee’s knees of Streamers.
Check out what’s in the box here.
Warp speed tech
ZEN Stream is a true ground-up design by iFi — the hardware and software implementation is quite exceptional:
- Two SuperSpeed USB3.0 ports with Active Noise Cancellation II
- S/PDIF out with the iPurifier built-in
- iFi software developed with Volumio open-source as the starting point, then coded and optimised by us to achieve the purest streaming software bar none
These are some of the factors behind why the ZEN Stream is at the cutting-edge handling PCM384/DSD256 on LAN and WiFi (802.11n, with 100Mbps on 5Ghz).
‘Exclusive’ for your ears only
The ZEN Stream has one of the most fully-optimised software platforms in the world.
From the device’s drivers, to the kernel (the heart of the operating system), to the shell (which interfaces with the kernel), to the applications and the user interface — everything is fully optimised for seamless operation and excellent sonic performance.
An ingenious part of the ZEN Stream’s design is the ability to select between ‘Exclusive’ modes – individual settings dedicated to specific modes of operation to deliver the purest possible performance. All other programs are shut down – to minimise ‘software jitter’ — an often overlooked aspect that negatively impacts the quality of computer audio playback.
This ensures that the ZEN Stream is not merely a ‘jack of all trades’, but a master of all too.
- All-in-one (AIO) covers all modes
- ROON Ready
- Tidal streaming
- NAA streaming
- DLNA streaming
Please note software updates may take 2-3 minutes. Please do not disconnect your device.
Who’s who of Streaming
Hot off the press, the ZEN Stream has the following connectivity options:
- Stream straight from Spotify/Tidal apps with Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
- Works with any DLNA certified streaming app
- Integrated Airplay – easy streaming from Apple and Android devices
- Now ROON Ready
- NAA operation in conjunction with Sygnalist’s HQPlayer software
Scan the QR code here to download the Stream-iFi app. Set up your Wi-Fi connection and much more.
Beneath the unassuming casework sits some serious horsepower in terms of both technologies and components:
- Powerful 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex microprocessor
- USB and S/PDIF interfaces regulated by femto-precision GMT clock to eradicate jitter
- Active Noise Cancellation II and iPurifier technologies for USB and S/PDIF interfaces respectively
- Intelligent Ethernet switch controller
- High-PSRR, low idle current, low-dropout voltage regulators with soft start
- Synchronous 1.6MHz high-speed precision power supply controller
- C0G capacitors and Taiyo Yuden and Murata low ESR inductors
Set-up your Wi-Fi connection using the our Stream-iFi app.
Scan the QR code to download the app today. The QR code will take you straight to our Stream-iFi app in the correct store for your phone or tablet.
Roon Ready network devices have Roon’s streaming technology built-in and are certified by Roon Labs to provide the highest level of quality and performance in network streaming.
Find out more about iFi and Roon here.
Get a 14-day FREE trial & a free month when you subscribe by using the link below.
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated)
MQA is an award-winning British technology that delivers the sound of the original master recording. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download. The ZEN Stream adopts MQA technology to receive and decode MQA audio and provide master-level sound.
Visit mqa.co.uk for more information.
Our ‘exclusive modes’ give you individual settings dedicated to specific modes of operation to deliver the purest possible performance.
This non-specific mode is great for all platforms, audio formats and devices.
Select this mode to optimise performance when using the ZEN Stream with DLNA-compatible apps and devices.
Select this mode when using the ZEN Stream as a Network Audio Adapter in conjunction with Signalyst HQPlayer software.
Select this mode when integrating the ZEN Stream into a ROON environment.
If you are a subscriber to Tidal’s Masters Tier, this is the mode for you.