THIS LISTING IS FOR A FLOOR SAMPLE IN GREAT CONDITION WITH FULL WARRANTY AND ALL ORIGINAL MATERIALS!
AVAILABLE IN BLACK
As the debut product in our reference 500 Series range, the NAP 500 is a monumental expression of Naim Audio amplifier technology. Its design was honed over six years of collaborative work with suppliers of specialist parts and each product takes days of dedicated assembly by our most skilled technicians in Salisbury. It’s this eye for detail, alongside its remarkable power, that allows the NAP 500 to bring your music into breath-taking focus.
New Statement Technology
Our flagship Statement amplification system was ten years in the making. The research and development project drew on all of our knowledge and expertise, yielding several breakthroughs in technology. We’ve recently introduced two new technologies from the Statement project to our core range of power amplifiers.
The NAP 500 now features the new NA009 transistors first introduced in Statement. In development for over a year, this key component was created in partnership with a specialist semi-conductor manufacturer to achieve the best possible sound quality. The 500 also includes the high power Naim Audio DR (Discrete Regulator) technology used in Statement to provide the smooth, stable power supply we know is critical for the audio electronics to make music come to life.
These two new technologies, combined with other small improvements to layout and componentry, mean the NAP 500 DR can produce even more of the fundamental musical pace, rhythm and timing that made the originals so popular with music lovers.
- 140W per channel output into 8 ohms; capable of prolonged output into 2 ohms with no discernible impact on performance
- Bridged power amplifier configuration for maximised open and closed-loop speed, with ten stages of local regulation per channel
- Two-box configuration with 500 PS power supply for optimum rejection of electromagnetic interference
- 1,100VA toroidal transformer provides 12 raw DC supplies for the power amplifier
- 25kg brushed, black-anodised chassis with distinctive heatsink plus variable speed intelligent fan system for discreet extra cooling if required
Power output continuous [8 Ohm]
+ 29 dB
-3dB @ 1.5Hz & 100kHz
100V, 115V, 230V (50 or 60Hz)
NAP 500 dimensions (H x W x D)
160 x 432 x 374mm
Power supply dimensions (H x W x D)
87x 432 x 314mm