Items marked (available to demo) are available in our store for audition. Please give us a call or email in advance for an appointment.
AVAILABLE IN BLACK OR SILVER
Nothing between you and the music
PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL digital-to-analog converter
Originating in Weiss Engineering’s product line for professional mastering studios, the HELIOS is truly a zero-compromise DAC. For those seeking the same representation of their music as mastering engineers hear when fine-tuning the audio in the studio, the HELIOS is the unit to get.
There are a total of five inputs:
- AES/EBU or S/PDIF via XLR, Toslink and RCA sockets.
- UPnP/DLNA via Ethernet.
- Roon Ready.
Accepted formats: PCM 44.1kHz up to 384 kHz, DSD 64x / 128x.
Future formats can be accommodated via software updates.
- Maximum input word-length: 24 Bits
The HELIOS uses a built-in digital signal processing (DSP) chip for its audio processing. These algorithms are included:
- Room Equalizer – to suppress room modes for more accurate bass reproduction.
- Creative Equalizer – a tone control with low boost/cut, high boost/cut, and mid boost/cut. Very useful to correct those recordings which do not quite sound right.
- De-Essing – the automatic removal of overly bright sibilances from human voices. The sibilance effect can be more or less pronounced depending on your speakers or room acoustics.
- Constant Volume – adjusts the audio volume (loudness) to a constant value across all tracks played. Useful for “party mode” when the volume control should stay untouched.
- Vinyl Emulation – get that special sonic character of a record player based playback chain. We also employ an emulation of the DMM-CD procedure offered by the Stockfisch label.
- Crosstalk Cancelling (XTC) – for the playback of dummy head recordings or live recordings via speakers for an incredible live sensation. Dummy head recordings usually are listened to via headphones because they only work properly if the left channel goes to the left ear only and the right channel to the right ear only. With speakers this is difficult to achive as the left channel goes to the left and the right ear. But with some clever signal processing of the speaker channels is is possible to suppress the crosstalk, i.e. the audio going from the left speaker to the right ear and vice versa. If that works properly then the recording sounds as if one would be in the space where the recording has taken place. All the reverberation and 3D representation of the sound sources is there.(For speaker based playback only.)
- Loudness Control – a listening volume dependent equalization of the audio.
- Headphone Equalizer – to adapt any headphone to the listener’s ears in terms of frequency response.
- Crossfeed – to emulate a speaker based playback impression on headphones.
Depth: 30 cm / 11.8 inches
Width: 45 cm / 17.7 inches
Height: 6.6 cm / 2.6 inches
Height with feet: 7.4 cm / 2.9 inches
IR Remote Control
Depth: 2.1 cm / 0.83 inches
Width: 4.5 cm / 1.78 inches
Height: 16.6 cm / 6.53 inches